GRAAFF-REINET NEWS - Local hairdresser Victor 'Vic' Verwey has delicious grilled strawberries with Primm's and vanilla ice cream on today's menu, perfect to get you in the Valentine's mood.
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 30ml vanilla sugar
- 15ml ginger in syrup, chopped
- Pimm's, to taste
- Good quality vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Toss the strawberries in the sugar and add the ginger, plus 30ml of its syrup. Place in a shallow ovenproof dish under the hot grill.
- When the strawberries are softened and hot, add a splash of Pimm's and stir to scrape up all the sticky bits and juices on the bottom.
- Divide the hot strawberries and juices between four bowls and top with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
A tip from Vic
Out of Primms? A lovely pink champagne or sparkling wine will also do.
'We bring you the latest Graaff-Reinet, Karoo news'