GRAAFF-REINET NEWS - The Graaff-Reinet SAPS urges business to beware of cybercriminals.
“It has come to the attention of SAPS that there are cybercriminals looking to target businesses who accept online payments,” Spokesperson Capt Bradley Rawlinson told the Advertiser.
He warned business who accept online payments to beware of e-skimming — the process in which card data is stolen for financial gain.
SAPS has released the following precautionary measures to prevent this cyber-crime:
- Keep all systems patched and up-to-date, to include operating systems, software and any third-party code running as part of your website.
- Do not use default login credentials on any system.
- Keep web application firewalls strong and monitor administrative activities.
- Eliminate/disable functions within your online store that are not necessary.
- Monitor requests performed against your store’s environment to identify possible malicious activity.
'We bring you the latest Graaff-Reinet, Karoo news'