GRAAFF-REINET NEWS - According to a statement released by the Dr Beyers Naudé Municipality this afternoon (20 June), a second Covid-19-related death, in Graaff-Reinet, has been recorded in the municipal district.
The first death in the district was also recorded in Graaff-Reinet. According to the statement, no further details surrounding the matter were released.
Siyanda Manana, Spokesperson for the Eastern Cape Department of Health, failed to respond to numerous inquiries by the Advertiser about the death.
The confirmed cases per town are, according to a statement by the Department of Health, are:
• Graaff-Reinet: 24 confirmed cases, 16 recoveries, 2 deaths.
• Aberdeen: 9 confirmed cases, 5 recoveries.
• Steytlerville: 1 confirmed case, 1 recovery.
• Rietbron: 1 confirmed case, 1 recovery.
• Klippaat: 2 confirmed cases, 0 recoveries.
• Willowmore: 22 confirmed cases, 21 recoveries.
'We bring you the latest Graaff-Reinet, Karoo news'