GRAAFF-REINET NEWS - In a statement this evening (25 June), the Dr Beyers Naudé Municipality confirmed that there has been a third Covid-19-related death in Graaff-Reinet.
This brings the total Covid-19-related deaths in the municipal district to three, of which the first two were also in Graaff-Reinet.
No further details surrounding the matter were released.
Mayor Deon de Vos conveyed his condolences to the family and friends of the deceased, and wished those ill with the virus a speedy recovery. He also urged residents to comply with Covid-19 regulations.
The confirmed cases per town, as released by the Department of Health and shared by the municipality, are:
- Graaff-Reinet: 31 confirmed cases, 19 recoveries, 3 deaths.
- Aberdeen: 14 confirmed cases, 8 recoveries.
- Jansenville: 1 confirmed case, 0 recoveries.
- Steytlerville: 1 confirmed case, 1 recovery.
- Rietbron: 1 confirmed case, 1 recovery.
- Klipplaat: 2 confirmed cases, 0 recovery.
- Willowmore: 25 confirmed cases, 22 recoveries.
'We bring you the latest Graaff-Reinet, Karoo news'